ESoWC 2019 - Obtaining online aircraft metadata.
The aim of this project is to obtain aircraft metadata for AMDAR data.
- Create API for flightaware
- Create API for flightradar24
- Create API for 1+ more site
- Create table for airport (number of records: 5958)
- Create table for flight routes (number of records: 1022545)
- Finish Readme
- Mapping out flight path? (maybe)
- Clean code
- Use official API of flightaware?
It have to use a specific version of chrome, in this case it use version 74, if your chrome version is differnt. Visit http://chromedriver.chromium.org/downloads to download corresponding chromedriver and put it in chromedriver folder.
To use the script in other directory, run the command below:
To add it permanently to python path:
open file ~/.bashrc
add the line below:
To retrieve routes and plane type:
from planeTypeAPI import api a = api() flightID = a._getTypeByID('CX19',option=1) # option 1 - flightaware , 0 - flightradar24 routes = a.getRoutebyAware('PDX','SEA') # get routes from flightaware routestat = a.getRouteByStat('PDX','SEA', 20190510192005) # get routes from flightstats
Thank you @jwagemann for organize ESOWC event!