Menus for Menutree imported
Clone this wiki locally
Menus for Menutree
The MenuTree block is developed for a multi level menu that is easy to create and administrate. The block is developed by Pawel (Jusuff) and the project can be found [http://code.zikula.org/bianor/wiki/menutree here] in CoZi. Version 2.x has a new and improved Admin interface that is really great. By default the block comes with a limited set of templates for a vertical and horizontal menu.
Terms/Conditions and Copyright
For every menu holds that you should check out the '''Terms, conditions and Copyright''' terms on the menu original website. Respect the copyright in the style sheets and consider making a donation if possible to the originator (and me if you like :-) )
TEMPLATES & STYLES
Not all menus are infinitely multi-level, so take that into account when choosing a specific menu. Of course a lot of the menus can be combined and extended, but this is not always trivial. If you do extend or change a menu send me an E-Mail: erik AT erikspaan DOT nl, it might be nice to include it for others to use.
I've tried to get some order in the template and style sheet naming by referering to them as
menutree_block_TMPLNAME.htm, the style sheets that go with it as TMPLNAME[_STYLENAME].css and the images in subdir pnimages/TMPLNAME/
Menus from cssplay.co.uk
The menus from cssplay.co.uk (Stu Nichols) are not open source and not free to use in every circumstance. Do check out the [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/pro_drop8.html Terms, conditions and Copyright] terms on every menus website page. For commercial use of the menus you will have to ask Stu for permission and make a donation. For personal use retain a link to cssplay.co.uk on your site and do consider a donation to Stu Nichols. I had to adapt the menus slightly to fit into the menutree block and Zikula themes.
Horizontal 6level pure CSS dropdown menu with overlap and overrun
- menutree_block_cssplay_simpledrop.htm (cssplay_simpledrop.css, cssplay_simpledrop_blackblue.css, cssplay_simpledrop_blackred.css, cssplay_simpledrop_blueblack.css, cssplay_simpledrop_bluered.css, cssplay_simpledrop_grayblue.css, cssplay_simpledrop_grayred.css, cssplay_simpledrop_redblack.css)
Horizontal multi level CSS Pro dropdown menus
The menus are adaptations of http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/pro_drop8.html (and [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/pro_drop2.html prodrop2], [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/pro_drop3.html prodrop3] and [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/pro_drop6.html prodrop6]. This slightly adapted version supports 6 levels as in the simpledrop menu. Plugin: menucssplayprodrop
- menutree_block_cssplay_prodrop.htm (cssplay_prodrop_2.css, cssplay_prodrop_3.css, cssplay_prodrop_6.css, csspplay_prodrop_8.css))
Vertical 4level pure CSS flyout
- menutree_block_cssplay_flyout.htm (cssplay_flyout_ltr.css, cssplay_flyout_rtl.css) Examples: Image(cssplay_flyout_ltr.jpg) ... Image(cssplay_flyout_rtl.jpg)
Menus from dynamicdrive.com
Horizontal 2level dropdown tabs
- menutree_block_ddtabs_blue.htm (ddtabs_blue.css)
- menutree_block_ddtabs_blackpurple.htm (ddtabs_blackpurple.css)
- menutree_block_ddtabs_glowing.htm (ddtabs_glowing.css)
- menutree_block_ddtabs_halfmoon.htm (ddtabs_halfmoon.css)
- menutree_block_ddtabs_slidingdoor.htm (ddtabs_slidingdoor_brown.css, ddtabs_slidingdoor_gray.css)
- menutree_block_ddtabs_solidblock.htm (ddtabs_solidblock_blackblue.css, ddtabs_solidblock_blackred.css, ddtabs_solidblock_blueblack.css, ddtabs_solidblock_bluered.css, ddtabs_solidblock_grayred.css, ddtabs_solidblock_redblack.css)
Horizontal 2level chrome style dropdown
- menutree_block_chromestyle.htm (chromestyle_grayblue.css, chromestyle_pink.css, chromestyle_blue.css, chromestyle_green.css)
Horizontal multi level suckertree dropdown
- menutree_block_suckertree_horizontal.htm (suckertree_horizontal_blue.css, suckertree_horizontal_red.css)
Vertical multi level suckertree flyout
- menutree_block_suckertree_vertical.htm (suckertree_vertical_blue.css, suckertree_vertical_red.css)
This plugin will parse the structured tree array to a div with a multi level unordered lists for display with a pure css method. Several conditional statements are generated for IE browsers to make them also robust for the pure css menu. Check the code for a description of parameters. Parameters: data, assign, ulclass, dropclass, flyclass, currentclass, iehacks
This plugin will parse the structured tree array to a div with a multi level unordered lists for display with a pure css method. Several conditional statements are generated for IE browsers to make them also robust for the pure css menu. Check the code for a description of parameters. Parameters: data, assign, ulclass, currentclass, span, iehacks, iframe
This plugin will parse the structured tree array for the 1st level menu in an div with unordered list and 2nd (and beyond) level drop down menus are put in a seperate div after the 1st level unordered list is closed. The 1st level links use the rel attribute in the anchor link to refer to the correct submenu. Check the code for a description of parameters. Parameters: data, assign id, class, subclass, span
EXTENSION, PLANS & FUTURE
Several new templates and styles are in the planning or would be nice to have.
- Extend the menus that iframe shim for iIE6 with the solution from cssplay for dynamically generating width and height: [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/iframe_fix2.html] .
- Update the pure css flyout menu with [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/flyout_4level.html this one] from cssplay where the css code has been simplified and overlaps are present.
- Update the DD chrome menu with [http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm updated version 2.5].
- http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/drop_line.html a pure css dropline menu from Stu Nichols [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/doors_drop_line_three.html another], [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/doors_drop_line.html another], [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/dd_valid_2.html another], [http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/pro_dropline2-5.html pro drop line],
- http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/doors_drop_line.html another sliding doors drop line menu from cssplay
- http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/five-free-css-sliding-door-tab-menus Examples to use for other sliding doors menus.
- http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/pro_horizontal.html 1 level horizontal menus for inspiration
- http://exploding-boy.com/images/cssmenus/menus.html converted into multi-level menus off course
- http://exploding-boy.com/images/cssmenus2/menus.html converted into multi-level menus off course
- http://www.stunicholls.com/menu/skeleton_left.html vertical multi level menu with some js
- http://exploding-boy.com/images/EBmenus/menus.html vertical menus, converted into multi level
- http://www.stunicholls.com/menu/pro_dropline_5.html horizontal pro dropline menu from cssplay with js
- http://e-lusion.com/design/menu/ some vertical menu examples, need conversion into multi level
- It might be nice to include http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu.htm an accordian based vertical menu with jquery
- Another menu from dynamicdrive that could expand the features: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm
- Expanding / contracting Tree menu from dynamic drive: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm
- Smooth jQuery based multilevel, css list based menu with a slide plus fade in effect. http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm