Policy and site configuration for an eSpaces project site.
Essentially, this is an opinionated configuration for usage of collective.spaces, featuring a dependency on a number of well-worn add-ons for Plone, several security customisations, and various other configuration items as listed in the features below.
- Self-creation of eSpaces (powered by collective.spaces)
- Users must be authenticated via Shibboleth to be able to create their own eSpaces. This is protected by a special Plone security role that this policy product assigns to "Shibboleth Authenticated" users.
- Any user with a valid Institutional account is able to create an eSpace.
- File quotas are limited to 300MB per file, and 20MB per image.
- Ability to associate a custom URL with your space, or the ability
to have your own
- Customisable theme per-Space (via Diazo and plone.app.theming)
- Flexible management and customisation
- Self-management of access and configuration of Space owners.
- Customisable look and feel with ability to select a logo and a theme from a pre-set number of options.
- Customisable navigation and portlets (Twitter, RSS, news and events, custom text, and more).
- Flexible authentication
- Login via Shibboleth Institutional login for researchers and collaborators.
- Self-registration enabled for non-Institutional users.
- User-selectable theming
- Users can pick from any number of Bootswatch-style (http://bootswatch.com) themes, which have been integrated into Plone.
- Custom eSpaces theme
- Custom-designed theme, built on Bootstrap and Bootswatch, provided for use within Plone. Source located at espaces.bootswatch.
- Mailhost settings (mailhost.xml)
- Site email address (properties.xml)
- Analytics via webstats_js property (propertiestool.xml)
- Ability to share content with the world via RSS feeds (see aws.authrss for token-based secure access)
- Quotas on a per-Space basis.
- Look at ftw.quota and Products.Quota for implementation details to borrow.
- Display size quota usage in a portlet or somewhere accessible to the user.
- Potentially limits on the number of Spaces a person may create
The underlying library,
diazotheme.bootswatch provides a number of other
themes, but these have been diasabled by somewhat of a hack. Either these
themes could be improved, or a better way of disabling themes should be