A cross-platform Text Expander written in Rust
Visit the espanso website.
What is a Text Expander?
A text expander is a program that detects when you type a specific keyword and replaces it with something else. This is useful in many ways:
- Save a lot of typing, expanding common sentences.
- Create system-wide code snippets.
- Execute custom scripts
- Use emojis like a pro.
- Works on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Works with almost any program
- Works with Emojis 😄
- Works with Images
- Includes a powerful Search Bar 🔎
- Date expansion support
- Custom scripts support
- Shell commands support
- App-specific configurations
- Support Forms
- Expandable with packages
- Built-in package manager for espanso hub
- File based configuration
- Support Regex triggers
- Experimental Wayland support
Visit the official documentation.
If you need some help to setup espanso, want to ask a question or simply get involved in the community, Join the official Subreddit! :)
espanso is a free, open source software developed in my (little) spare time. If you liked the project and would like to support further development, please consider making a small donation, it really helps :)
Many people helped the project along the way, thank you to all of you!
- Thanks to libxdo and xclip, used to implement the Linux port.
- Thanks to libxkbcommon and wl-clipboard, used to implement the Wayland port.
- Thanks to wxWidgets for providing a powerful cross-platform GUI library.