Espressif Audio Development Framework
ESP-ADF supports development of audio applications for the Espressif Systems SoCs in the most comprehensive way. With ESP-ADF, you can easily add features, develop audio and video applications from simple to complex:
- Music player or recorder supports audio formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, OGG, OPUS, AMR, TS, EQ, Downmixer, Sonic, ALC, G.711 and etc.
- Play music from sources: HTTP, HLS (HTTP Live Streaming), SPIFFS, SDCARD, A2DP-Source, A2DP-Sink, HFP and etc.
- Integrate media protocols, such as: DLNA, VoIP, RMTP, ESP-RTC (SIP, RTSP, and RTCP), etc.
- Video call, video recording and video live streaming
- Internet Radio
- Voice recognition and integration with online services such as Alexa, DuerOS and etc.
As a general, the ESP-ADF features will be supported as shown below:
Developing with the ESP-ADF
The ESP-IDF master branch is marked as not supported because the major feature changes it has introduced may cause conflicts with ESP-ADF. Yet, the ADF examples not affected by those feature changes can still run correctly on the IDF master branch.
End of Life IDF branches are removed. See IDF Supported Periods for details.
Note 1: The built-in IDF branch of ESP-ADF v2.4 is IDF Release/v4.4 at the current time.
You need one of ESP-IDF versions described in ESP-ADF Releases, one of audio boards below and headphones.
Click on one of audio boards shown below to set up and start using ESP-ADF.
Espressif Systems has released a number of boards for ESP-ADF to develop audio applications. Click the links below to learn more information on each board.
It is recommended to use the ESP-ADF master branch, as it has the latest bugfixes and the new features.
|ESP32-LyraT||ESP32-LyraTD-MSC||ESP32-LyraT-Mini||ESP32-Korvo-DU1906||ESP32-S2-Kaluga-1 Kit||ESP32-S3-Korvo-2||ESP32-C3-Lyra||ESP32-S3-Box Serials|
Check folder examples that contains sample applications to demonstrate API features of the ESP-ADF.
- Documentation for the latest version of https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-adf/. This documentation is built from the docs directory of this repository.
- The esp32.com forum is a place to ask questions and find community resources. On the forum there is a section dedicated to ESP-ADF users.
- Check the Issues section on github if you find a bug or have a feature request. Please check existing Issues before opening a new one.
- If you're interested in contributing to ESP-ADF, please check the Contributions Guide.