ESP RainMaker (Beta)
Note: We have recently made some changes to the APIs. Please refer this file for details.
ESP RainMaker is an end-to-end solution offered by Espressif to enable remote control and monitoring for ESP32-S2 and ESP32 based products without any configuration required in the Cloud. The primary components of this solution are:
- Claiming Service (to get the Cloud connectivity credentials)
- RainMaker Agent (i.e. this repo, to develop the firmware)
- RainMaker Cloud (backend, offering remote connectivity)
- RainMaker Phone App/CLI (Client utilities for remote access)
The key features of ESP RainMaker are:
- Ability to define own devices and parameters, of any type, in the firmware.
- Zero configuration required on the Cloud.
- Phone apps that dynamically render the UI as per the device information.
Get ESP RainMaker
Please clone this repository using the below command:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/espressif/esp-rainmaker.git
Note the --recursive option. This is required to pull in the various dependencies into esp-rainmaker. In case you have already cloned the repository without this option, execute this to pull in the submodules:
git submodule update --init --recursive
Please check the ESP RainMaker documentation here to get started.
Each example has its own README with additional information about using the example.
Supported ESP-IDF versions
ESP RainMaker can work with ESP IDF 4.0 and above.