2020/04/01 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- Add missing zlib DLL into Windows release package (#151)
2021/03/29 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- flash/esp_xtensa: Added compression support for write operations. Compression can be enabled by adding
program_espcommand. Compression is not enabled by default, yet.
- rtos/FreeRTOS: Changed task list update algorithm basing on uxTaskNumber. This reduces the amount of data transferred over JTAG in some cases, and makes stepping through the code faster.
- target/esp32c3: Added SoC reset support.
reset haltcommand now resets the digital peripherals, in addition to the CPU, same as it does on esp32 and esp32s2.
- target/esp32c3: Reduced timeouts to reasonable values
- board/esp32c3-ftdi: set lower JTAG clock used by default. Since there is no development board with FT2232H and ESP32-C3 yet, they are most likely connected by jumper cables, so a lower frequency should be used.
- xtensa: Made 'xtensa_smpbreak_get' returning configured value
- esp32s3: Disabled flash support by default, since it's not implemented yet. It will be re-enabled once the feature is implemented.
- esp/semihost: Added callback to disable WDTs upon syscall.
- riscv: Maintain target halted state across reset
- riscv: Fixed RTOS checks in reset procedure
- riscv: Fixed semihosting code to adjust the PC to the next instruction also for GDB fileio
- esp/gcov: Ensured that esp gcov dump is run on examined target
- esp/gcov: Fixed acknowledgement of the block with command w/o response data
- esp/gcov: Halt target before on-the-fly gcov dump
- semihosting: Fixed file name length parameter for GDB File IO to match GDB docs.
- xtensa: Marked target as unexamined when 'powered' bit is reset during several polling periods.
- In this release we have stared running the test suite with sanitizers (AddressSanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer) enabled, and fixed the following issues:
- target/esp_xtensa_apptrace: Fixed 'unaligned buffer' issue
- esp32s2: Fixed left shift runtime errors found by sanitizers
- gdb_server: Fixed AdressSanitizer issue caused by missing null character
- xtensa: Fixed sanitizer warnings when shifting integer constants
- xtensa: Fixed buffer overflow due to incorrect size allocated for wide user registers
- xtensa: Fixed buffer overflow when reading trace data
2020/12/02 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- rtos: NuttX RTOS support on ESP32
- libftdi: support libftdi 1.5 (upstream fix)
- ci: fix "-dirty" suffix in the version reported by v0.10.0-esp32-20201125 release.
2020/11/25 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- esp32s3: Added base support for ESP32-S3.
- esp32c3: Added base support for ESP32-C3.
- esp/jtag: Added
esp_remoteJTAG interface over USB and TCP.
- esp/jtag: Added
esp_usb_jtagJTAG interace for embedded USB-to-JTAG functionality.
- esp/xtensa: Refactored to make use of native SMP support in OpenOCD.
- esp: Added
program_esp_binscommand to flash binaries specified in
flasher_args.jsonfile produced by ESP-IDF build system.
- esp: Added
esp_get_mac [format]command to obtain the factory MAC address.
- helper: Added Espressif JEDEC code
- esp/smp: Added generic ESP Xtensa SMP functionality.
- jimtcl: Upgraded to 0.79 and enabled JSON extension.
- esp32s2: Renamed
- xtensa: Implemented memory access range check.
- esp32s2: Fixed issue with software reset when memory protection is enabled in the app.
- esp32: Fixed
program_esp32TCL function to correctly pass arguments to
program_esp(#122, thanks @pridgeway-rsc).
- apptrace: Fixed running command on an unexamined core.
- libftdi: Updated deprecated function calls.
- semihosting: Fixed a bug with an incorrect return value for the custom lseek implementation.
- semihosting: Fixed handling of invalid syscall arguments.
- esp32: Fixed usage of unintialized GDB service.
- freertos: Fixed non-general registers access from GDB.
- freertos: Fixed GDB reg list usage in
- esp32xx: Fixed ESP32 and ESP32-S2 Xtensa config.
- apptrace: Fixed connection to already running target.
2020/07/09 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- esp: Fix chips memory layout
- esp/apptrace: Fix apptrace auto-stop
Note: this is a bug fix update for the previous release, v0.10.0-esp32-20200526. It does not include latest changes present in the master branch, related to the native SMP support.
2020/05/26 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- boards: add ESP32-S2 Kaluga board config files
- esp32: Sync ESP32 aggregating target state with active sub-target
- esp32: Fix gcov collection from APP CPU
- xtensa: Check that target was inited before deinit
- esp32: Fix polling and resuming stalled core
- esp/apptrace: Fix 'sysview_mcore stop' waiting for timeout expiration
- esp/apptrace: Make use of timer callback API for fast polling
2020/04/20 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- semihosting: Restore ability to pass
lseeksemihosting call. Fix line endings handling on Windows.
2020/04/06 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- semihosting: Integration with the existing OpenOCD semihosting implementation
- esp32/apptrace: Adds command to save SystemView multi-core traces to single file
- esp32/apptrace: Support console (
con:) and TCP (
tcp://host:port) data destinations
- xtensa: Reduce polling delay during stepping
- xtensa: Fix stepping in high level interrupt handlers
2020/03/09 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- Merge upstream OpenOCD version (commit 9de7d9c).
- Support for breakpoints in Flash for applications built with PSRAM support.
- Add USB vendor/product ID so default ESP32 debug interface works with both FT2232H and FT232H (#80).
- esp: Re-group commands using target independent prefixes (esp and xtensa). Rename
- xtensa: Clear
OCDDCR_ENABLEOCDon exit from OpenOCD. Remove ESP-specific workaround with exit callbacks and re-use native target deinit API. Fixes IDF panic handler behavior when OpenOCD terminates.
- xtensa: Fixes restoring of DEBUGCAUSE in reg cache after algorithm run.
- esp/apptrace: Fixes handling of SystemView packets with invalid core id.
- esp32xx: Adds virt2phys target API implementation, removes an error log related to virt2phys missing.
2019/11/14 Release, based on OpenOCD v0.10.0
- Support multiple ESP32-S2 silicon revisions
- Add ESP32-S2 SW reset functionality
- Add activity LED support to esp32_devkitj_v1 (WROVER-KIT) debug adapter
- Fixes calls to non-existent ESP32 subcore target functions
- Fixes PS corruption when stepping over breakpoint instruction
- Fixes SW reset when the CPU is stalled
- Fixes task name offset for ESP32-S2