By Peter Strbik and Brandon Lin
Our project is VirtCube, a virtual Rubik's Cube simulator.
- Controls allow you to maneuver the cube's 6 faces and rotate it along its 3 axes
- 4 different modes to choose from:
- Solved cube so you can experiment with the cube
- Easy scramble for those just getting started
- Hard scramble for those with experience
- Mr. K's scramble for Mr. Konstantinovich himself :)
- Timer to see how fast your solves are.
- Two different control styles:
- Nub control style for beginners
- Real Man's control style for those experienced with virtual cubes
- Used the SpaceJunk Example to generate a colored cubex
- Implemented (slightly) turning of two cubelets about an axis upon a key press. rotateZ is still glitched, however.
- Full Rubik's Cube created with black border.
- Fixed annoying flickering issue on the cube.
- U-Turn attempted to implement.
- The cube is now made to draw initially only once.
- Fixed issue of cube not being centered on axes. (U-turn still not working properly. Still some bugs in cube rotations.)
- A PVector was used instead of shiftX.
- Created an array for the cube's colors to check if the cube is solved.
- Bug fixed that made animation not appear; but doesn't run now with while loop.
- Converted vertices to arrays of floats.
- Implementing a 3D array instead.
- New structure now works when rotating 1 degree at a time.
- A right face turn was implemented.
- Center realigned to actual center; simultaneous turns and multiple turns taken care of.
- Created a function that will swap the cubies correspondingly.
- All turns implemented, X rotation working.
- Black outline for cube working.
- All cube turns and cube rotations are now fully functional.
- Fixed a bug in which the nonvisible parts of the parts were also showing colors. 2015-01-15
- Function created to generate a random move sequence. The actual graphical scrambling is bugged, however.
- Scramble generator fixed, fully works now.
- Implemented start screen with buttons for different scramble types.
- Control instructions added.
- Return to menu button created.
- The 12 cube turns now change the colors array that will check for a solved position.
- Function to check for solved state added.
- The program can now check if the cube is solved or not based up the moves done.
- A congratulations message appears when the cube is solved.
- Stopwatch added for timing solves.
- Easter egg added.
- Added nub controls and Real Man's Controls.
- Added button highlighting when the cursor is over it.