Calculate area geoprocessing function tool
This sample is for developers who want to extend the geoprocessing framework by building new geoprocessing tools using ArcObjects. This sample explains how to build a geoprocessing function tool and describes the ArcObjects components necessary for building these tools. This sample function tool calculates the area of a polygon feature class.
Language: C#, VB Subject: Geoprocessing Organization: Esri, http://www.esri.com Date: 11/17/2017 ArcObjects SDK: 10.6 Visual Studio: 2015, 2017 .NET Target Framework: 4.5
- ArcObjects .NET API Reference online
- Sample Data Download
- What's new
- Download the ArcObjects SDK for .Net from MyEsri.com
- Open the solution file, review the code, and compile the project. The function factory is automatically added to the Geoprocessor Function Factory component category.
- Register the DLL (in the Debug folder) with ESRIRegAsm utility.
- Create a custom toolbox in a folder or a geodatabase. ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Engine developers can do this by using the IGPUtilities2.CreateToolboxFromFactory method.
- ArcGIS Desktop users also have the option to add the tool to a custom toolbox manually in ArcCatalog, ArcMap, or ArcGlobe. Right-click a custom toolbox, choose Add, click Tool, expand the AreaCalculation function factory, select the Calculate Area tool, and click OK. The tool is added to the custom toolbox.
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|ArcGIS Desktop Basic||ArcGIS Desktop Basic|
|ArcGIS Desktop Standard||ArcGIS Desktop Standard|
|ArcGIS Desktop Advanced||ArcGIS Desktop Advanced|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|