RSS weather layer
This sample illustrates a real-life scenario for creating a new layer to consume a Web service and display the information in a map.
This sample shows implementation of the following:
- Simple editing capabilities
- Selection by attribute and location
Language: C#, VB Subject: Graphics Pipeline Organization: Esri, http://www.esri.com Date: 11/17/2017 ArcObjects SDK: 10.6 Visual Studio: 2015, 2017 .NET Target Framework: 4.5
- ArcObjects .NET API Reference online
- Sample Data Download
- What's new
- Download the ArcObjects SDK for .Net from MyEsri.com
- Start Visual Studio, open the solution file, and build the project.
- Open a MapControl application or ArcMap.
- From the toolbars list, select the RSS Weather layer toolbar to add to the application.
- Click Load Layer to connect to the RSS weather service.
To use the layer without using the existing AddRSSWeatherLayer command, you will have to manage the refreshes of the layer. You can do that by listening to the OnWeatherItemAdded and OnWeatherItemsUpdated events or by using a timer to refresh the layer.
The following items are covered in this sample:
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|
|ArcGIS Desktop Basic||ArcGIS Desktop Basic|
|ArcGIS Desktop Standard||ArcGIS Desktop Standard|
|ArcGIS Desktop Advanced||ArcGIS Desktop Advanced|