Triangle graphic element
This sample demonstrates an implementation of a custom graphic element. These elements can be used to create triangle graphic elements in the map and move, rotate, resize, and modify their symbol.
This sample demonstrates the technique for serializing elements into a map document (.mxd) in addition to backwards compatibility support, such as serializing elements into a ArcGIS 8.3 map document.
Language: C#, VB Subject: Graphics Pipeline Organization: Esri, http://www.esri.com Date: 11/17/2017 ArcObjects SDK: 10.6 Visual Studio: 2015, 2017 .NET Target Framework: 4.5
- ArcObjects .NET API Reference online
- Sample Data Download
- What's new
- Download the ArcObjects SDK for .Net from MyEsri.com
- Open the solution using Visual Studio.
- Build the solution to make the TriangleElement class library.
- Use this command in an application with a MapControl and ToolbarControl, or in ArcMap.
- Add the TriangleElementTool to the ToolbarControl. The tool (Triangle Element) can be found in the .NET Samples category.
- Run the application and add, then choose the Triangle Element tool. Use the tool to add new triangle elements to the map. Use the Select Elements tool to resize and move the triangle elements. Use the Rotation tool to rotate triangles.
- Save your map document containing triangle elements or use Save a Copy to save the triangle elements to a pre ArcGIS 9.0 map document file (.mxd).
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|
|ArcGIS Desktop Basic||ArcGIS Desktop Basic|
|ArcGIS Desktop Standard||ArcGIS Desktop Standard|
|ArcGIS Desktop Advanced||ArcGIS Desktop Advanced|