pyladies.com site setup
The actual pyladies.com website, redone using Github static pages so the entire world can see articles and events in progress. If something isn't listed, then submit a contribution.
How to get it running:
pip install pelican git clone git://github.com/pyladies/pyladies.github.com.git
How to push up entries and pages and themes:
pelican . -o . -s settings.py git commit -am "Adding content here" git push
How to submit an article or event
- Fork the https://github.com/pyladies/pyladies.com-articles or https://github.com/pyladies/pyladies.com-events projects on github
- In your local branch, place your article or event in its respective project directory.
- The content must be formatted using RestructuredText, MarkDown, or (as a last resort) plain text.
- Don't submit the rendered HTML.
- Submit a pull request
- The maintainers of this site will then review and either publish or reject your article submission.
Why articles and events may get rejected
There are a number of reasons why this may have occurred:
- Inappropriate content submitted
- Spelling or grammatical errors
- Pull request included the rendered HTML
How to submit a static page
Simply create a RST or MD file in the Pages directory. Its title will appear in the navigation in TitleCase.