Features, usage and installation instructions are summarized on the homepage.
- Make homebrew modular;
- (done) Extract formulas to own repository. This idea was declined a couple of times mxcl/homebrew#3991, mxcl/homebrew#236. Keeping formulas in the core makes homebrew a little bit harder to maintain and contribute;
- (done) Introduce
homebrew repoupdatecommands which update core and repos separately (
homebrew updatestill updates both);
- (done) Extract 'Contributions' to 'homebrew-contrib'
repo. 'Contributions' is now available through the
brew install homebrew-contrib;
- Get rid of everything in
- (In progress) Improve tests. You need to install
rspecto run new tests;
- (mostly done) 3rd party formulas repos support;
- (partially done) Use rugged (or another ruby-git library) (I
decided to just extract git-related code to
- Improve core documentation;
- Be helpful. Make usual (and useful) help output. Like
brew install -h;
- (done) Fix ccache support;
- (done) Respect user choice and don't override
ENVvariables, such as (
How to install
$ git clone https://github.com/etehtsea/homebrew.git $HOME/homebrew $ export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/homebrew/bin $ brew formulary init
What Packages Are Available?
- You can browse the Formulary repository on GitHub.
- Or type
brew searchfor a list.
- Or visit braumeister.org to browse packages online.
brew help or
man brew or check our wiki.
Who Are You?
I'm Max Howell and I'm a splendid chap.