A rectangular (square), indeterminate progress indicator for iOS and OS X (Blog Post)
It was created during the development of the iOS game Reach ZEN.
First, the License Agreement
- You can use the code in your own products.
- You can modify the code as you wish, and use the modified code in your products.
- You can redistribute the original, unmodified code, but you have to include the full license text below.
- You can redistribute the modified code as you wish (without the full license text below).
- In all cases, you must include a credit mentioning Matthias Gansrigler as the original author of the source.
- I’m not liable for anything you do with the code, no matter what. So be sensible.
- You can’t use my name or other marks to promote your products based on the code.
- If you agree to all of that, go ahead and download the source. Otherwise, don’t.
How To Use ESSSquareProgressIndicator
Place a UIView / NSView in your interface and set its class to ESSSquareProgressIndicator. Done.
The color and stroke width of the progress indicator can be changed in code or in Interface Builder due to IB_DESIGNABLE and IBInspectable.
This code has been tested on iOS 7.1 and OS X Yosemite 10.10. It might work with earlier versions of these platforms.
Developed with Xcode 6.2
For other Open Source projects of mine, please visit http://www.eternalstorms.at/opensource
I want to hear from you
If you use ESSSquareProgressIndicator in one of your projects, please let me know! I'd love to hear about your apps and mention them here on this project page :) !!