Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What it does?
- speed up dynamic pages
- reduce load on backend systems dozen times
- increase application's resilience
- Advanced HTTP response caching for dynamic pages.
- Client type specific caching. Different cache behaviour for users and bots.
- Background cache refresh.
- Custom fallbacks when origin is unavailable or returns 5XX error.
- Server-side includes. Frontcache resolves server-side includes what allows to cache parts of HTML page.
- Asynchronous origin calls / Asynchronous includes.
Frontcache is written in Java and works
- as Servlet filter for Java based websites
- as standalone application what makes it friendly to websites written in any language
Frontcache has web based user friendly console to show real-time statistics and config parameters.
frontcache-core - core implementation, distribution for 'Servlet filter' mode.
frontcache-server - web wrapper for standalone web application (edge) mode.
frontcache-agent - library for cache invalidation from Web App side.
frontcache-console - UI for server/cluster configuration and realtime statistics.
frontcache-tests - integration tests.