Adding a new font icon to fontawesome etherpad
Clone this wiki locally
Etherpad comes with a lot of icons on the fontawesome-etherpad font, but in case you need one that is not there yet, follow these steps:
- Go to Fontello;
- Import the existing
src/static/font/config.jsoninto Fontello (here's a how-to for this step). This will automatically select some icons on the screen:
- Click on "Download webfont";
- Unzip the downloaded file;
- On the resulting unzipped folder, copy the
config.jsonand the four files
- That's it! Your code is ready for a pull request, and your icon is available for you to use. Here's an example of pull request that added an icon.
Using an icon from fontawesome-etherpad
Now that your icon is available, here's how to use it:
- Get icon's
- Use this converter to find it's HEX value;
- Place the HEX value on the CSS.