Monday the 1st (Coverage: 4.23.2017-5.01.2017)
AKASHA – Social Media Network
- Do not send any ETH to your AKASHA AETH address.
mihai: "AKASHA is currently undergoing a code refactoring and a great UI/UX redesign. I think we'll have a big update ready by this summer."
Augur – Prediction Market
- Blog: AUGUR DEVELOPMENT UPDATE – APRIL 26TH*
- *As per usual most of the good stuff in terms of news is coverd in the blog.
micah: "I actually believe fees are going to go to zero for major markets... There is more money to be made in market making than there is in fees, and 0% fees will attract the most volume (which is critical for market making).
- Summary of the Keythereum audit.
BasicAttentionToken - Blockchain Based Digital Advertising
- BAT update crowdsale details coming soon.
- ICO is planned for the first half of May, 2017.
Casper (Dev Channel) – Proof of Stake Protocol
- A note on data availability and erasure coding
- Re: Post on erasure encoding--
Vitalik Buterin: "summary is that we can now erasure code 1 MB in 21s (down from 128s). I think we can cut further to ~13s if we are willing to take a bit of a hit on the size of a light client proof."
- Some sharding info:
Ben Mahala: "...collators bundle transactions into collations > proposers bundle collations into blocks > validators provide economic finality to blocks."
- Insightful explantion on state transition computation and data availability verification with sharding.
- Punishment for committing an invalid block is a 'negative interest rate'.
ChronoBank – Labour Hour Stable Coins
- Blog: Great news! Chronobank to release ChronoMint wallet beta1
- ChronoBank Beta - available on any browser!
- Blog: ChronoBank to partner with Employable app for LaborX launch
- Soon to launch LHAU (Australian Labor Hour) token.
Colony – Decentralized Collaboration Network
- First full week of beta testing going well with lots of great feedback. A quick Status Update
Digix – Asset (Gold) Backed Tokens
- Announcement: Digix and a DGX Visa-Debit Gold Token Card
- Image: Exhibiting in Jakarta at the MAS-ABS Blockchain for Finance conference. Our first roadshow!
- Thread on transaction fees.--And some followups 1, 2.
- On marketing after the launch.
Ethereum Name Service - Decentralized Name Service
- ENS relaunch date
- ENS is Live!
Etherplay – The Transparent Skill Game Platform
- prototyping new game ideas
Ethlance – Decentralized freelancing platform with 0% fee
- Doing an interview with Cryptoverse
- Brewing some major announcements
FirstBlood – Decentralized E-Sports Rewards Platform
- From this thread it appears as though a % of every witness node reward goes to the team.
- Slow week, no updates.
Giveth - Crowd Funded Donation Dapp|
- We are still reworking our Vault Controller and will be testing it for the next month. This week we are also collaborating with Alice.si to help them set up a Giveth Campaign.
- We have a new donation address 0xB94c53B0E67FABac3d97173482663Ef597D4174a
Gnosis - Prediction Market
- An Introduction to the Gnosis Prediction Market Platform(video)
- Forbes: Gnosis' Prediction Market Scores $12.5M In 'Record-Breaking' Crypto Auction
- Blog: Thanks, Thoughts, and the Road Ahead
Golem – Distributed Computing Power
- Blog: What’s new in Golem v0.5*.
- *Most of the good stuff in terms of news is coverd in the blog.
- Golem is now in the top 10 on CoinMarketCap.com.
ICONOMI – Digital Asset Management Platform
- Blog: ICONOMI financial report?—?Q1 2017*.
- *Important to keep in mind this is for Q1 (ending in March). The most recent ICOs and the burn fall into Q2 -- hence will be in the next report.
MakerDAO - Stable Token and Decentralized Marketplace
- Maker Meeting Notes 2017 April 23rd
- SAI in heavy development
- Goal is to use SAI to handle MakerDAO's entire budget next month
- Allows team to double down on investing in more meticulous formalization regarding DAI
- Maker Meeting Notes 2017 April 30th
MelonPort – “Blockchain Software for Asset Management”
- Simon Schmid is joining Melonport as Lead Senior Developer. See Image
Mona El Isa: "Dapps may struggle to diversify after their crowdsales - especially if you raise money in one currency ether Re investing those funds in a basket of melon funds may one day provide a way to diversify quickly and easily"
- MelonPort has been doing allot of presentations latley including "The Future of Digital Asset Management" at Rice University.
Status – Mobile Ethereum OS
- 0.9.6 — UI Refresh, State of the DApps, Contact Management & WhisperV5
- Ethereum Contributors Series // Issue #06 Omar Bham
- Android client reported to be much more responsive in switch to ReactNative 0.43 (to be implemented in 0.9.7)
- Network configuration option planned for future release. Will enable user the choice to connect to a trusted server.
- For all the new people to Status I highly recommend the Mission & Core Values Wiki.
Swarm – Serverless Hosting, Incentivised P2P Storage/Content Distribution
SingularDTV – Rights Management and Video On-Demand Portal
- SingularDTV: The 3 Reasons Film Distribution is About to Change (video)
- SingularDTV Update for the Week of April 23 (video)
- SingularDTV Update for the Week of April 23 (transcript + Chinese)
- Blog: SingularDTV and a SNGLS Visa-Debit Token Card
UjoMusic - Decentralized Music Platform
- UjoMusic parter Mediachain acquired by Spotify
uPort – Self-Sovereign Identity
- Blog Post: uPort AppManager: Create an identity for your app and begin building trust with users
- The team is moving the project repos from Consensys to its own location 'uport-project', contracts will be in a repo called 'uport-identity'.
WeTrust – Trusted Lending Circles
- To crowdsale participands: If you have not signed up on website, please do so as soon as possible, the next distribution will take place on May 3rd. Please make sure to login and enter an ERC20 compliant ETH address on wetrust.io before May 2nd.
- Blog: Using MyEtherWallet (MEW) for ERC20 Tokens like Trustcoins (TRST)
Matchpool – Decentralized Matchmaking
- Hired a community manager
- Guppies unlock on 1st of May 1pm GMT
- Big thanks to Evan Van Ness for featuring us in his weekly post, please give him a subscription to his weekly email newsletter. His weekly post is the most in-depth and informative look into the ethereum ecosystem you’re going to get. Here’s a link to his site: http://www.weekinethereum.com/
- A nod of appreciation to @3esmit for putting so much work into our internal Etherian participation token.
- Big thanks to Joe Urgo for featuring us in his daily post, The Dapp Daily. He just posted this excellent Ethereum Reading List For Prospective Dapp Developers
- Check out State of dApps for a curated list of all dApps
- ChaceHunter: Swarm, Status, Colony, WeTrust, ChronoBank, UjoMusic, Gnosis, MakerDAO
- truewavebreak: ICONOMI, Golem, Augur, AKASHA, MelonPort
- MrNebbiolo: uPort, Casper, FirstBlood, Digix
- PΞther: Ethlance, SingularDTV, ChronoBank, Gnosis, WeTrust, Matchpool
- pablanopete: Brave (BasicAttentionToken), Giveth, ENS
- wighawag: Etherplay
Disclaimer: All information is taken from our volunteers at face value, if you have a complaint about one of our volunteers or one of our posts please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter.