Hard Fork Planning and Coordination
This document is a work in progress and will be updated as we go.
In Ethereum All Core Dev meeting #56, it was discussed that Ethereum Cat Herders (ECH) should be assigned the task of future HardFork coordination. Ethereum Network Upgrade Process was proposed by Afri S. as EEP-5 in Dec 2018.
The goal is to define a standard process for Istanbul and future upgrades which all client developer teams may follow.
Istanbul Hard Fork
- EIP-1679 - Meta EIP
How to propose EIP for Istanbul?
Istanbul Planned Ethereum Network UpgradeFor
- Project board
- Proposed EIPs
- Client Progress Tracker
- ECH Action Item Tracker
- Contacting major stakeholders
- EIP monitoring / EIP flow
- Communication around process & timelines keeping things transparent
- Coordinating & updating client implementors
- testing – ethereum/testing
|Sl. No.||Name||Gitter Id|
- EIP proposer
- EIP reviewer
- Testing team
- Major Clients
Assumptions and Constraints
- EIP is proposed within the timeline for acceptance of EIPs.
- EIP has followed all the stages mentioned in EIP 1
|1||March 13, 2019||https://hackmd.io/SyvehR7kSdWpCS2GV4Y3oQ?both|