1.7.0 - Unreleased
- Added: #5537 Creating Ethereum Node Record (ENR) at program start.
- Added: #5571 Support Discovery v4 ENR Extension messages.
- Added: #5557 Improved debug logging of full sync.
- Added: #5564 Improved help output of Aleth by adding list of channels.
- Added: #5575 Log active peer count and peer list every 30 seconds.
- Added: #5580 Enable syncing from ETC nodes for blocks < dao hard fork block.
- Added: #5591 Network logging bugfixes and improvements and add p2pcap log channel.
- Added: #5588 Testeth prints similar test suite name suggestions, when the name passed in
-targument is not found.
- Added: #5593 Dynamically updating host ENR.
- Added: #5624 Remove useless peers from peer list.
- Added: #5634 Bootnodes for Rinkeby and Goerli.
- Added: #5640 Istanbul support: EIP-1702 Generalized Account Versioning Scheme.
- Changed: #5532 The leveldb is upgraded to 1.22. This is breaking change on Windows and the old databases are not compatible.
- Changed: #5559 Update peer validation error messages.
- Changed: #5568 Improve rlpx handshake log messages and create new rlpx log channel.
- Changed: #5570 Now it's not necessary to recompile with VMTRACE flag to get VM trace log. Just use
testeth -- --vmtraceor
aleth -v 4 --log-vmtrace.
- Changed: #5576 Moved sstore_combinations and static_Call50000_sha256 tests to stTimeConsuming test suite. (testeth runs them only with
- Changed: #5589 Make aleth output always line-buffered even when redirected to file or pipe.
- Changed: #5602 Better predicting external IP address and UDP port.
- Changed: #5605 Network logging bugfixes and improvements and add warpcap log channel.
- Changed: #5628 Don't try to endlessly reconnect to official Ethereum bootnodes.
- Changed: #5632 RocksDB support is disabled by default. Enable with
- Changed: #5648
BlockChainTestssuite is split into
- Changed: #5678 Enable optimizer in aleth-interpreter by default.
- Changed: #5675 Disconnect from peer when syncing is disabled for peer.
- Changed: #5676 When receiving large batches of new block hashes, process up to 1024 hashes instead of disabling the peer.
- Removed: #5631 Removed PARANOID build option.
- Fixed: #5562 Don't send header request messages to peers that haven't sent us Status yet.
- Fixed: #5581 Fixed finding neighbour nodes in Discovery.
- Fixed: #5599 Prevent aleth from attempting concurrent connection to node which results in disconnect of original connection.
- Fixed: #5609 Log valid local enode-address when external IP is not known.
- Fixed: #5627 Correct testeth --help log output indentation.
- Fixed: #5644 Avoid attempting to sync with disconnected peers.
- Fixed: #5647 test_importRawBlock RPC method correctly fails in case of import failure.
- Fixed: #5664 Behavior in corner case tests about touching empty Precompiles now agrees with geth's results.
- Fixed: #5662 Correct depth value when aleth-interpreter invokes
- Fixed: #5666 aleth-interpreter returns
INVALIDopcode is encountered and
EVMC_UNKNOWN_INSTRUCTIONfor undefined opcodes.
1.6.0 - 2019-04-16
- Added: #5485 aleth-bootnode now by default connects to official Ethereum bootnodes. This can be disabled with
- Added: #5505 Allow building with libc++ on Linux.
- Added: #5514 Improved logging in case of RPC method failures.
- Added: #5526 Improved logging when loading chain config json containing syntax error.
- Changed: #5464 Upgrade OS and compilers in the docker image for tests.
- Changed: #5560 Upgrade ethash library to version 0.4.4.
- Removed: #5538 Removed --private flag from aleth command-line arguments.
- Fixed: #5483 Don't ping the same node more than once in a row; also fixes the assertion failure.
- Fixed: #5512 Calling
- Fixed: #5502 Fix Discovery terminating prematurely because of race condition.
- Fixed: #5452 Correctly handle Discovery messages when the peer changes public key.
- Fixed: #5519 Correctly handle Discovery messages with known public key but unknown endpoint.
- Fixed: #5523 #5533 Fix syncing terminating prematurely because of race condition.
- Fixed: #5539 Fix logic for determining if dao hard fork block header should be requested.
- Fixed: #5547 Fix unnecessary slow-down of eth_flush RPC method.
- Fixed: #5548 Fix rlp tool for long hexadecimal string inputs.
- Fixed: #5181 Fix building on PowerPC architecture where -mtune=generic is not available.