- Added: #5699 EIP 2046: Reduced gas cost for static calls made to precompiles.
- Added: #5741 Support for individual EIP activation to facilitate EIP-centric network upgrade process.
- Added: #5752 #5753 #5809 Implement EIP1380 (reduced gas costs for call-to-self).
- Added: #5859 EIP-2384 Istanbul/Berlin Difficulty Bomb Delay and Muir Glacier fork support.
- Changed: #5750 Use
testeth -t <SUITE_NAME> -- --testfile <PATH>to run the tests from file at any path. Use
testeth -t <SUITE_NAME> -- --testfile <PATH> --singletest <TEST_NAME>to run only single test from any file.
- Changed: #5801
testeth -t BlockchainTestscommand now doesn't run the tests for the forks before Istanbul. To run those tests use a separate LegacyTests suite with command
testeth -t LegacyTests/Constantinople/BlockchainTests.
- Changed: #5807 Optimize selfdestruct opcode in LegacyVM by reducing state accesses in certain out-of-gas scenarios.
- Changed: #5806 Optimize selfdestruct opcode in aleth-interpreter by reducing state accesses in certain out-of-gas scenarios.
- Changed: #5837 #5839 #5845 #5846 Output format of
testeth --jsontracecommand changed to better match output of geth's evm tool and to integrate with evmlab project.
- Changed: #5848
aleth-vm --codefile <PATH>now reads bytecode file from path and
aleth-vm --codefile - <bytecode>now reads bytecode from standard input.
- Changed: #5864 Allow a user to send multiple transactions before a new block is mined.
- Removed: #5760 Official support for Visual Studio 2015 has been dropped. Compilation with this compiler is expected to stop working after migration to C++14.
- Removed: #5840 The list of precompiled contracts is not required in config files anymore.
- Removed: #5850 accounts section is now optional in config files.
- Fixed: #5792 Faster and cheaper execution of RPC functions which query blockchain state (e.g. getBalance).
- Fixed: #5811 RPC methods querying transactions (
eth_getBlockByNumber) return correct
- Fixed: #5821
test_setChainParamscorrectly initializes custom configuration of precompiled contracts.
- Fixed: #5826 Fix blocking bug in database rebuild functionality - users can now rebuild their databases via Aleth's '-R' switch.
- Fixed: #5827 Detect database upgrades and automatically rebuild the database when they occur.
- Fixed: #5852 Output correct original opcodes instead of synthetic
JUMPCIin VM trace.
- Fixed: #5829 web3.eth.getBlock now returns block size in bytes. This requires a (automatic) database rebuild which can take a while depending on how many blocks are in the local chain.
- Fixed: #5866 Update output of
eth_getTransactionCountRPC functions to conform to Geth's output.
- Fixed: #5865 Fix bug which causes syncing to become permanently stuck.