Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Geth v1.7.3 (Weir) is a maintenance release to address various issues in our previous releases, most importantly along log filtering and replacement transaction propagation. The release also contains a few developer niceties. Please see compatibility section below!
- Roll out v2 of the
leslight client protocol (#14970, #15367, #15391).
- Insta-mining, zero CPU, clique based PoA developer mode
- Add API endpoint to list modified accounts between two blocks (#15512).
- Gas estimation returns error instead of maxgas if transaction cannot be executed (#15477).
- Improve EVM jump destination analysis for worst case scenarios (#14582).
application/jsonfor HTTP RPC requests (#15220, #15496).
- Private network faucet support Facebook, Twitter and Google+ authentication (#15313).
- Support encrypted SSH keys in the Puppeth network manager (#15443).
- Introduce docker images containing all Ethereum tools (#15467).
- Start shipping Ubuntu Artful Aardvark launchpad packages (#15344).
- Fix log filtering when specifying non-8-multiple starting block number (#15489).
- Fix replacement transaction propagation (#15343).
- Reduce disk overhead on keystore startup (#15526, #15527, #15529).
- Fix occasional Rinkeby chain split by additional fork selection logic (#15470).
- Fix missing commit hash in docker image versions (#15458, #15464).
- All HTTP RPC requests from now on need to have the
Content-Type: application/jsonheader set on them. Geth v1.7.3 will refuse to service requests with no content type headers set (or headers with different content types). This is a security measure to counter a browser CORS circumvention technique.
- Geth v1.7.3 ships with
les/2light client support, which might have harder time finding light servers initially until the server providers upgrade to v1.7.3 too.
For a full rundown of changes, please see the v1.7.3 milestone.
As always, binaries and mobile libraries are available on our download page.