Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Geth v1.8.13 (Swarming) is our ~biweekly maintenance release, currently focusing on minor code polishes, build reorganization and general bug fixes. A highlight of the release is a version and bundle separation for Swarm. Furthermore, we'll also do combo release notes going forward, explicitly detailing both Geth and Swarm!
- Support block filtering via hashes, not just range queries (#16734, #17284).
- Upgrade leveldb to resume writes during heavy compaction too (#17144).
- Support swappable interpreters in preparation for ewasm (#17093).
- Implement progress reports for long running chain exports (#17066).
- Switch the Azure blobstore client API to fix deprecated builds (#17245).
- Configurable timeout values for the HTTP RPC API web server (#17240).
- Polish puppeth's status listing to display long ethstats ban lists (#17279).
- Fix a puppeth node id retrieval issue on <2GB RAM machines (#17281).
- Fix a miner race condition for low block-period (1s) chains (#17173).
- Disable Ubuntu Artful, enable Ubuntu Cosmic PPA builds (#17251).
- Detect and reject invalid flag/argument usage (#17248).
evmutility errors to
Preliminary EIPs for the upcoming Constantinople fork:
- Skinny create to allow counterfactual contract creation (#17196).
- Extcodehash to allow smart contracts to retrieve code hashes (#17202).
Other notable changes:
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.8.13 release milestone.
Geth binaries and mobile libraries are available on the Geth download page.
This release contains Swarm v0.3.1, which features:
- Own Launchpad PPA package
ethereum-swarmand custom version tracking (#16988).
- Client-side MRU signatures: create and update mutable resources through any node, including Web3 support (Mist, Metamask, etc) (#17231).
- PSS generic notifications (#17150).
- Refactored network simulation framework (#17241).
- Better abstraction for HTTP request hangling (#17164).
- Cross process and machine tracing support (#17169, #17170).
From now on you can now download stable versions of Swarm using the
ethereum-swarm debian package through the well known Ethereum PPA repository.
Swarm binaries are available on the Swarm download page.