Geth v1.8.17 is our regular maintenance release, which among numerous bugfixes also features the full Constantinople feature set and enables it on the Ropsten testnet at block #4230000.
- Update the chain indexer to react only to head events opposed to all blocks (#17826).
- Deprecate building with Go 1.9 and update builders to Go 1.11.1 (#17807, #17820).
- Expose the
enodeURL of a peer through the
- Optimize CREATE and CREATE2 to do a bit less Keccak256 hashing (#17806).
- Optimize the
SHA3opcode to do fewer allocs, reaching 2x speed (#17863).
- Implement a lower bound on block propagation targets to 4 peers (#17725).
- Drop the
goimportsdependency for running
abigento support piping
solcoutput into it (#17648).
- Use hex addresses in EVM assembly dumps (#17870).
- Fix an annoying 2-3 minute hang when completing initial fast sync (#17825).
- Fix the infamous
invalid hash chainerror during initial sync (#17839).
- Fix flag parsing to allow archive nodes serving light clients (#17803).
- Fix a
puppethregression causing invalid enode errors (#17802).
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.8.17 release milestone.
Geth binaries and mobile libraries are available on the Geth download page.
This release contains Swarm v0.3.5, which among many bugfixes features:
- Swarm Feeds (previously knowns as MRU): Adaptive frequency / Predictable lookups (17559, 17796).
- Introduced named database schemas and migrations (17813).
- Add stream peer servers limit (17747).
- Fixed DoS attack with invalid OfferedHashes message length (17734).
- Fixed panic on ARMl6 arch (64bit struct alignment) (17766).
Swarm binaries are available on the Swarm download page.