Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Geth v1.8.20 is a bit of a special release. On one hand it's the release that finally enables the Constantinople hard fork on mainnet at block 7080000 (and Rinkeby at block 3660663). It's also our last planned release of the 1.8 family (we'll still do hotfixes if need be), meaning that we'll start merging backwards incompatible changes onto
master in preparation of Geth 1.9.0 (we don't have an ETA for it, but January the earliest).
Notable changes in the release are:
- Hard code the mainnet and Rinkeby Constantinople hard-fork block numbers (#18268)
- Allow overriding the Constantinople hard-fork block from the command line (#18273).
- Remove the artificial 2K file descriptor limit from Geth, use all allowed (#18211).
- Support exporting genesis specs to Parity and Aleth from Puppeth (#18172).
- Support the new (1.23)
docker_composeAPIs change in Puppeth (18281).
- Enforce lowercase network names on Puppeth private networks (#18235).
- Support standard-tracing transactions straight to the filesystem (#17914).
- Support whitelisting blocks help chain selection during forks (#18028).
- Support big number constructors on the mobile libraries (#17828).
- Support arrays of dynamic types in
go-leveldbto reduce CPU overhead a bit (#18205).
- Warn when using deprecated config files (#18199).
Notable bug fixes are:
- Fully disable the USB HID on macos on
--nousb, avoiding rare crashes (#18213).
- Fix the Puppeth faucet connectivity issue (18281).
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.8.20 release milestone.
Geth binaries and mobile libraries are available on the Geth download page.
This release contains Swarm v0.3.8, which contains:
Swarm binaries are available on the Swarm download page.