We've found a tiny issue in this release which accidentally disabled two CLI flags around RPC CORS and VHosts handling. If you rely on these, please see the Geth v1.8.25 hotfix release.
Geth v1.8.24 is a small maintenance release aiming to be the final version of the 1.8.x family before rolling out our next major milestone (v1.9.0). As the previous release too, v1.8.24 only back-ports stability fixes. A grab bag of the changes included are:
--rpc.gascapto limit the gas
- Baked in the Rinkeby Petersburg fork block 4321234 (~4th May, 2019).
- Updated light client CHTs for quicker sync times on all built-in networks.
- Fixes the builders and macos file descriptors if using with Go 1.12+.
- Fixes a log filtering issue that didn't report reorged EVM events.
- Fixes a couple of networking issues in the DHT and
- Memory optimizations around timestamp handling.
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.8.24 back-port pull request.
Geth binaries and mobile libraries are available on the Geth download page.