Geth v1.9.12 is a small bugfix release, mostly to keep a semi-regular schedule.
One small breaking change in the release is that
eth_call will not default to your first account any more if you don't explicitly specify a sender. This was done to avoid the same input behaving differently in different environments. You should never do
eth_call without explicitly setting a sender in the first place.
- Default to the zero (
0x00...0) account for
eth_callsender if none was specified (#20702).
- Add missing
CallOpts.SetFromfor mobile to permit setting a sender on calls (#20721).
- Decouple constants in two EIPs applied together in Istanbul (#20646).
- Fix a console regression that lost support for
- Fix failing CI runs due to randomness in tx fetcher scenario tests (#20712).
- Fix a goroutine leak in transaction propagation (#20762).
- Fix a possible data race in the downloader (#20690).
The release also includes a few changes towards supporting Go 1.14, but the switch-over is postponed until Go 1.14.1 is released due to an issue in Go around faulty Linux kernel detection.
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.9.12 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the: