Geth v1.9.2 is a small maintenance release. It introduces some minor features, fixes some minor bugs and starts to lay the groundwork for the Istanbul hard fork.
- Rework client tracking for light servers to better prioritize requests, making it fairer for everyone (#19745).
- Avoid retrieving full blocks for GraphQL queries on light clients if the query relies on headers (#19886).
- Support closing a simulated backends, avoiding a goroutine leak during log running tests (#19902).
eth_calloverriding chain state before execution, see API docs for details (#19917).
- Replace all user facing
passwordto avoid confusion (#19932).
- Fix an RPC annoyance where inclusion info for pending transactions was 0, not
- Fix an RPC regression from v1.9.1 where the block size was not hex encoded (#19885).
- Fix the builder to extract commit hashes from detached git branches too (#18315).
- Fix storage trie value encoding when running
- Fix console output coloring for Clef on Windows (#19889).
Istanbul changes (progress tracker):
- Refactor the internal chain configuration to allow enabling EIPs individually in tests (#19735).
- Implement EIP-1884: Repricing for trie-size-dependent opcodes (#19743).
- Implement EIP-1108: Reduce alt_bn128 precompile gas costs (#19904).
- Implement EIP-1344: ChainID opcode (#19921).
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.9.2 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the: