Geth v1.9.9 is yet another hard fork release! Don't worry, it's not a hotfix for Istanbul. v1.9.9 ships and enables the next hard fork, Muir Glacier, scheduled for block #9200000, expected around the 6th of January, 2020 (and block #7117117 on Ropsten, expected more or less around the same time).
Apart from Muir Glacier, the release:
- Simplifies and cleans up the internals of the
minerpackage (#20335, #19396).
- Fixes a regression in restoring a deleted chain from the freezer (#20403).
- Fixes a data race in the new iterator based discovery code (#20421).
- Fixes a pointer reference issue in ABI
- Fixes the help message of certain
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.9.9 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the: