geth is the the command line interface for running a full ethereum node implemented in Go.
It is the main deliverable of the Frontier Release
By installing and running
geth, you can take part in the ethereum frontier live network and
- mine real ether
- transfer funds between addresses
- create contracts and send transactions
- explore block history
- and much much more
Supported Platforms are Linux, Mac Os and Windows.
We support two types of installation: binary or scripted install for users. See Install instructions for binary and scripted installs.
Developers and community enthusiast are advised to read the Developers' Guide, which contains detailed instructions for manual build from source (on any platform) as well as detailed tips on testing, monitoring, contributing, debugging and submitting pull requests on github.
- JSON-RPC server:
gethcan be launched with a json-rpc server that exposes the JSON-RPC API
- Command line options documents command line parameters as well as subcommands.
Basic Use Case Documentation
Note buying and selling ether through exchanges is not discussed here.
Security issues are best sent to email@example.com or shared in PM with devs on one of the channels (see Community and Suppport).
Non-sensitive bug reports are welcome on github. Please always state the version (on master) or commit of your build (if on develop), give as much detail as possible about the situation and the anomaly that occurred. Provide logs or stacktrace if you can.
Ethereum is joint work of ETHDEV and the community.
Name or blame = list of contributors:
Community and support
Ethereum on social media
- Main site: https://www.ethereum.org
- Forum: https://forum.ethereum.org
- Github: https://github.com/ethereum
- Blog: https://blog.ethereum.org
- Wiki: https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/ethereumproject
- Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ethereum
- Meetups: http://ethereum.meetup.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ethereumproject
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ethereumproject
IRC Freenode channels:
#ethereum: for general discussion
#ethereum-dev: for development specific questions and discussions
##ethereum: for offtopic and banter
#ethereumjs: for questions related to web3.js and node-ethereum
#dappdevs: Dapp developers channel
#ethdev: buildserver etc
On gitter, irc, skype or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org