Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release contains several new features and bugfixes and also an important security fix: The
ecrecover function can be forced to return invalid data, which can be used to bypass authentication in very special circumstances.
- C API (
jsonCompiler): Export the
- Code Generator: Optimise the fallback function, by removing a useless jump.
- Inline Assembly: Show useful error message if trying to access calldata variables.
- Inline Assembly: Support variable declaration without initial value (defaults to 0).
- Metadata: Only include files which were used to compile the given contract.
- Type Checker: Disallow value transfers to contracts without a payable fallback function.
- Type Checker: Include types in explicit conversion error message.
- Type Checker: Raise proper error for arrays too large for ABI encoding.
- Type checker: Warn if using
thisin a constructor.
- Type checker: Warn when existing symbols, including builtins, are overwritten.
- Code Generator: Properly clear return memory area for ecrecover.
- Type Checker: Fix crash for some assignment to non-lvalue.
- Type Checker: Fix invalid "specify storage keyword" warning for reference members of structs.
- Type Checker: Mark modifiers as internal.
- Type Checker: Re-allow multiple mentions of the same modifier per function.
We especially thank all our open source community contributors:
Antonio Tenerio-Fornés, benjaminion, Federico Bond, Harry Wright, hh3755, James Ray, Juaj Bednar, Luke Schoen, Loa Arias, maurelian, Nathan Hernandez, NIC619, Rhett Aultman, Skiral Inc and VoR0220.
If you want to perform a source build, please only use solidity_0.4.14.tar.gz and not the zip provided by github directly.