This release fixed a cleanup error concerning the exponentiation operator. It is a bugfix-only release
and does not contain any features. A more detailed description of the bugs fixed can be found
on the ethereum blog.
Note that nightly builds of Solidity currently contain changes unrelated to this bugfix release.
If you want to perform a source build, please only use solidity_0.4.25.tar.gz and not the zip provided by github directly.
- Code Generator: Properly perform cleanup for exponentiation and non-256 bit types.
- Type Checker: Report error when using indexed structs in events with experimental ABIEncoderV2. This used to log wrong values.
- Type Checker: Report error when using structs in events without experimental ABIEncoderV2. This used to crash or log the wrong values.
- Parser: Consider all unicode line terminators (LF, VF, FF, CR, NEL, LS, PS) for single-line comments
and string literals. They are invalid in strings and will end comments.
- Parser: Disallow unterminated multi-line comments at the end of input.
- Parser: Treat
/** /as unterminated multi-line comment.
We especially thank all our open source community contributors:
mingchuan and Guido Vranken