This change further simplifies the codebase and removes some components of eth which were unstable or not well maintainable.
- AlethOne (the "one-click GUI miner") - the idea behind such a project is nice, but the wide range of different GPU hardware and many other factors resulted in AlethOne just not delivering the experience. Please use ethminer on the commandline.
- fixed issues where blockchain sync got stuck
- moved lll and libevmasm into solidity repository
- implemented eth_pendingTransactions rpc call
- removed compiler rpc calls to simplify dependencies
- improved commandline interface of EVM benchmarking tool (use JIT even when requesting stats)
- show gas estimation for constructor body
- debug button for transaction line (no no need to open the details to start a debugging)
- fixed array decoding
- added arrow-right and arrow-left keys support on the debug slider
More information on the 1.0.2 release page
- inline assembly
More information on the 0.3.1 release page
Compatibility Changes and Security Considerations
geth attach to control it. [The development release of
geth (which will become
geth-1.4.0) is needed for this to work.
geth-1.3.5 will not successfully connect to
The rpc admin interface of
eth should not be used via HTTP anymore for security reasons. If you must, you can enable it via a command-line switch (see
AlethZero is still included in this release but will be slowly phased out during the next releases.
Please do not use the source archive below, it misses important dependencies. Use the following sources for installing:
Shift-right click to open. If you hit runtime errors complaining about missing msvcr120.dll or msvcp120.dll files then please install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Microsoft.
OS X Yosemite (10.10)
Control-click to open (we will hopefully start shipping centrally-signed executable with the next release).
OS X El Capitan (10.11)
We aren't building binaries for El Capitan yet. Coming soon.
Ubuntu + Derivatives
Please follow these instructions.
Please do not use the source archive below, it misses important dependencies. If you want to build from source, follow the Building from source instructions and checkout the appropriate tag (v1.2.3 for webthree-umbrella.