SNMP Command Responder
The SNMP Command Responder daemon runs one or more SNMP agents and maintains one or more trees of SNMP managed objects (i.e. MIBs). The user can interface those managed objects with the data they are willing to serve over SNMP.
SNMP requests received by any of the embedded SNMP agents can be routed to any of the MIB trees for processing via a declarative mini-language.
The use-case for SNMP Command Responder is to serve user data over SNMP.
- SNMPv1/v2c/v3 operations with built-in protocol and transport translation capabilities
- SNMPv3 USM supports MD5/SHA/SHA224/SHA256/SHA384/SHA512 auth and DES/3DES/AES128/AES192/AES256 privacy crypto algorithms
- Maintains multiple independent SNMP engines, network transports and MIB trees
pip-installable MIB implementations
- Extension modules supporting SNMP PDU filtering and on-the-fly modification
- Works on Linux, Windows and OS X
Download & Install
SNMP Command Responder software is freely available for download from PyPI.
$ pip install snmpresponder
Alternatively, you can get it from GitHub.
How to use SNMP Command Responder
First you need to configure the tool. It is largely driven by configuration files written in a declarative mini-language. To help you started, we maintain a collection of configuration files designed to serve specific use-cases.
Finally, your PRs are warmly welcome! ;-)
Copyright (c) 2019, Ilya Etingof. All rights reserved.