kumofs is a scalable and highly available distributed key-value store.
- Data is replicated over multiple servers.
- Data is partitioned over multiple servers.
- Extreme single node performance; comparable with memcached.
- Both read and write performance got improved as servers added.
- Servers can be added without stopping the system.
- Servers can be added without changing the client applications.
- The system does not stop even if one or two servers crashed.
- The system does not stop to recover crashed servers.
- Scalable from 2 to 60 servers. (more than 60 servers has not be tested yet)
- Optimized for storing a large amount of small data.
- memcached protocol support. (get, set and delete only; expiration time must be 0)
See following URLs for more details:
Following libraries are required to build kumofs:
- linux >= 2.6.18
- g++ >= 4.1
- ruby >= 1.8.6
- Tokyo Cabinet >= 1.4.10
- MessagePack for C++ >= 0.3.1
- MessagePack for Ruby >= 0.3.1
- libcrypto (openssl)
Configure and install in the usual way:
$ ./bootstrap # if needed $ ./configure $ make $ sudo make install
This example runs kumofs on 6-node cluster. Run kumo-manager on mgr1 and mgr2, kumo-server on svr1, svr2 and svr3, then run kumo-gateway on cli1.
[on mgr1]$ kumo-manager -v -l mgr1 -p mgr2 [on mgr2]$ kumo-manager -v -l mgr2 -p mgr1 [on svr1]$ kumo-server -v -l svr1 -m mgr1 -p mgr2 -s /var/kumodb.tch [on svr2]$ kumo-server -v -l svr2 -m mgr1 -p mgr2 -s /var/kumodb.tch [on svr3]$ kumo-server -v -l svr3 -m mgr1 -p mgr2 -s /var/kumodb.tch [ ]$ kumoctl mgr1 attach [on cli1]$ kumo-gateway -v -m mgr1 -p mgr2 -t 11211 [on cli1]$ # use memcached client on 11211/tcp
See documents for details.
This example runs kumofs on single host.
[localhost]$ kumo-manager -v -l localhost [localhost]$ kumo-server -v -m localhost -l localhost:19801 -L 19901 -s ./kumodb1.tch [localhost]$ kumo-server -v -m localhost -l localhost:19802 -L 19902 -s ./kumodb2.tch [localhost]$ kumo-server -v -m localhost -l localhost:19803 -L 19902 -s ./kumodb3.tch [localhost]$ kumoctl localhost attach [localhost]$ kumo-gateway -v -m localhost -t 11211 [localhost]$ # have fun with memcached client on 11211/tcp
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 FURUHASHI Sadayuki Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
See also NOTICE file.