This library provides a data structure, a
Registry, to control the creation of functions from other functions. You can use this technique to:
- create applications out of software components ("dependency injection")
- fine tune JSON encoders/decoders
- create composable data generators for nested datatypes
You can watch a video presenting the main ideas behind the library here.
The following sections introduce in more details the problem that this library is addressing, the concepts behind the solution and various use-cases which can arise on real projects:
- what is the problem?
- the concept of a Registry and the resolution algorithm
- how does this compare to monad and effects?
- use a
Registryto create applications and define components
- use a
Registryto compose Hedgehog generators
- how to install this library?
- how to do mocking?
- how to specialize some values in some contexts?
- how to control effects occurring when creating a component (like a connection pool)?
- how to allocate resources which must be finalized?
- how to initialize components in an application?
- how to extract a dot graph from the registry in an application?
- how to interact with a library using monad transformers?