Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
There are two classes of documents to which it is appropriate contributing here: See Document Definitions
The contents of this repository are reviewed and, to that end, all changes should be submitted as a pull request: Fork & Pull.
- Synchronize your fork with this repository.
- Make your changes (NOTE: See Formats and Organization below for restrictions/expectations).
- Commit to your forked repository.
- Submit a pull request.
- Be patient and contented.
Broadly, this repository should have version-able source materials except when not available (e.g., third party PDF documentation).
- Text: must be renderable through the github interface
- Graphics: must be text-based so a compile step is not only acceptable, but required.
Binary files: may be committed in the cases that:
- A binary output format (e.g., images) is needed: In this case, it has to be compilable from a text-based and versioned file.
- A reference document or tool is included: These belong in specific places noted below.
Auto-generated: A number of files in this repo are automatically generated **DO NOT EDIT THEM DIRECTLY**
- Any binary file is either auto-generated or 3rd-party.
- Surely more of them go here...
The remainder of this document uses the suffix
.wikito identify a generic file which can be rendered using
github-markup see the directions at the github-markup repository.
The currently supported and seemingly reasonable formats are:
.markdown, .mdown, .md --
gem install redcarpet (https://github.com/vmg/redcarpet)
gem install RedCloth
gem install wikicloth
brew install asciidoc