Eucalyptus windows integration is an implementation of Windows Service that runs in the Windows VM instances to prepare the VMs to work with Eucalyptus backend. The installation and usage manuals can be found at http://www.eucalyptus.com/docs.
The tool is primarily written in C# and has been tested with Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
git clone windows-integration.
If neccessry, update reference to ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll.
2a. Start ->Programs -> Visual Studio 2010.
2b. Nagivate to /windows-integration
Ensure the windows-integration/EucaWindowsService->References has "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib" and it is not highlighted with YELLOW BANG "!". If may be necessary to delete ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib property and add it again:
- Open "windows-integration/EucaWindowsService->References"
Right Click on ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, and "Delete"
- Right Click -> "Add references"
- Browse to the directory that includes "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib" and select.
Select Eucalyptus Package project and build.
After the build is complete, the executables can be found at windows-integration/EucalyptusPackage/Debug Windows 2008 and later: EucalyptusWindowsIntegration.msi
Windows 2003: setup.exe (includes .NET 2.0 redistributable)
- Before bundling and registering the Windows VMs to Eucalyptus, the executables should be copied to Windows VMs and be installed.
- During the installation, either Virtio (KVM) or XEN PV drivers (Xen) will be installed. Make sure the Windows device manager detects the driver correctly.
- For more details, refer to Eucalyptus Administration Guide (Managing images > Create an image > Create Windows image)