nvctr package implements the n-vector approach to geographical
position calculations using an ellipsoidal model of Earth as described
in (Gade 2010).
You can install the development version of
or the CRAN version (when this package will land to CRAN):
nvctr can be used to solve geographical position calculation like
(example numbers refer to the ones in the
- Calculate the surface distance between two geographical positions (Example 5).
- Find the destination point given start point, azimuth/bearing and distance (Example 8).
- Find the mean position (center/midpoint) of several geographical positions (Example 6).
- Find the intersection between two paths (Example 9).
- Find the cross track distance between a path and a position (Example 10).
Gade, Kenneth. 2010. “A Non-Singular Horizontal Position Representation.” Journal of Navigation. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0373463309990415.