STM32VLDiscovery for Linux
There is a template STM32VLDiscovery project for Linux.
Unlike other similar projects, there are:
- You don't need Keil
- You don't need IAR
- You don't need Eclipse or Eclipse-based IDE
- You don't need any another IDE!
All what you need - is a blank console, emacs or vim for source code editing and other dependencies:
- Cross-compiler (arm-none-eabi-gcc, the same gdb and etc). You should use gcc-arm-none-eabi and gdb-arm-none-eabi packages if you are user of Debian-based distro.
- stlink utility (https://github.com/texane/stlink) - to load binary to the STM32VLDiscovery board.
- Development files for SG utils (install
libsgutils2-devfor Debian-based distributives or
Compiling the project
To compile project - just execute
make in console.
Loading project to STM32VLDiscovery
make load in console and follow instructions on the screen. If something is missing - my script will help you with dependencies.