👋 Hi, I'm Eugene Yan
I design, build, and operate machine learning systems that serve customers at scale. Currently, I'm an Applied Scientist at Amazon helping users read more, and get more out of reading. Outside of work, I also...
📝Write & speak about effective data science, data/ML systems, and career growth. 🧠Teach a free email course to help data scientists be more effective. 📌Curate papers, guides, and interviews on how to apply machine learning. 📬Send a newsletter about data science, learning, and career. 🌱I'm learning: Bandits & counterfactual evaluation, design patterns, and Julia. 😅Fun fact: I don't use the QWERTY keyboard (I use Dvorak instead).
📝 Recent Writing
- Why You Should Write Weekly 15-5s - Sun, 26 Jun 2022
- Design Patterns in Machine Learning Code and Systems - Sun, 12 Jun 2022
- What I Wish I Knew About Onboarding Effectively - Sun, 22 May 2022
- Bandits for Recommender Systems - Sun, 08 May 2022
- How to Measure and Mitigate Position Bias - Sun, 17 Apr 2022
View the archives (147 posts) @ eugeneyan.com.