EE3: Real-Time Digital Signal Processing
Real-Time Digital Signal Processing on a Texas Instruments DSP Starter Kit (TMS320C6713 DSK). Imperial College London Electrical & Electronic Engineering 3rd year module.
Lab 5: IIR Filtering
- Learned to design IIR (Infinite-Impulse Response) digital filters using MATLAB.
- Implemented the IIR filter using the C6713 DSK system in real-time.
- Measured the filter characteristics using a spectrum analyzer.
Project: Speech Enhancement through noise reduction
Telephones are increasingly being used in noisy environments such as cars, airports and undergraduate laboratories! The aim of this project is to implement a real-time system that will reduce the background noise in a speech signal while leaving the signal itself intact: this process is called speech enhancement.
~ Paul D. Mitcheson, Imperial College London Dept of EEE, EE3-19 Real Time Digital Signal Processing, 2016
- Implemented triple buffering: in, processing, and out buffers.
- Implemented various noise estimation and noise reduction techniques,
- Compared their performance and chose parameters that produced the best audible speech enhancement.