Clone this wiki locally
The broad goal is to provide a predictable, reliable way for users to examine and work with any CPAN distribution regardless of how its developed.
Its specific goals are to...
- Faithfully reproduce and organize every release of every CPAN distribution ever.
- Provide a predictable interface to each distribution.
- Provide a reliable service.
- Do this all with a minimum of human attention.
Its intended uses include...
- Viewing the differences between two distributions.
- Make patching a distribution easier.
- Make keeping a patched distribution up to date easier.
- Organizing CPAN into distributions and releases.
Its uses overlap with MetaCPAN and that's ok.