This basic todo list demonstrates how FRP and Elm can make writing traditional web apps easier. Currently it is quite simple, but that makes it a nice resource for learning more about making "traditional webapps" with Elm.
After installing the Elm compiler, follow these steps:
git clone https://github.com/evancz/TodoFRP.git cd TodoFRP/src/ elm --make Todo.elm
build/Todo.html in your browser.
If you want to be fancier, you can run
elm-server in the
Then navigate to localhost:8000/Todo.elm.
The project will be recompiled whenever you refresh that page in your browser.
All of the code for this project lives in the
- Model.elm: Representation of the todo list application.
- Update.elm: Describes how to update the todo list based on user's actions.
- Inputs.elm: Describe the UI input elements and the actions the user's actions.
- Display.elm: How to display our model and inputs on screen.
- Todo.elm: Bring together the model, update, inputs, and display to create the todo list.