A GLUT framework wrapper designed to make getting a simple graphical application going quickly.
GL Framework provides a bare-bones intro to graphics programming with OpenGL and GLUT. Detailed documentation available at: http://doxy.glutfmk.evanedstrom.com
The framework is comprised of two main components, Engine and Element.
- Initializes GLUT and handles key events, window resizing, projection matrix setup / scaling, and a basic frame timer.
- Contains a list of Elements that are drawn on each frame.
- Provides before draw loop and after draw loop virtual functions for things like scorekeeping or collision detection.
- Subscribes to events for key and mouse handling.
- Contains a coordinate system for positioning objects in 3D space.
- Contains velocity, scale and rotation variables.
- Draw() and Move() functions called in engine display loop using polymorphism.
- Overwrite Draw() in a subclass to get specific drawing behavior.
- Overwrite Move() in a subclass to get specific movement behavior.
Written for Whitworth University for use in introductory programming courses.
Author: Evan Edstrom