A web application for Boston College students to view, search, and add all events that are occurring on, or near, campus. Awared the top final project for the Boston College Web Applications Development course (CSCI2254, Spring 2016).
Application & Code Explained
- Over 1,000 unique users.
- Application Dependencies: jQuery, Boston College OrgSync RSS, Boston College Events Calendar, Bootstrap DatePicker v4 (Moment.js), Bootstrap v3.3.6, Google Fonts API, Google reCAPTCHA, Google Analytics, and Font Awesome v4.0.3.
- Cron Job runs PHP scripts every hour to fetch events.
- Full text search used for event retrieval during user searches.
- Custom background, logo, and favicon designed and created using Adobe Photoshop CC & Adobe Illustrator CC.
- Complete mobile support with styling designed for touch screens:
- Main Website: http://whatshappening.io
- Alternative URLs: http://bostoncollegeevents.com, http://projecthappening.io
Proposal Documents can be found on the About page in the wiki.
- Add support for events only posted on Facebook by Boston College student groups.
- Re-design user accounts to allow students to subscribe to organizations, favorite specific events, and more.
- Re-design MyWall to display events from their list of favorites and from subcribed organizations.
- Create a General Events page (what MyWall is currently), called EagleView.
© 2016 Evan Otero