Star Wars social networks
Contents of the files are the following:
starwars-episode-N-interactions.jsoncontains the social network extracted from Episode N, where the links between characters are defined by the times the characters speak within the same scene.
starwars-episode-N-mentions.jsoncontains the social network extracted from Episode N, where the links between characters are defined by the times the characters are mentioned within the same scene.
interactionsnetwork with R2-D2 and Chewbacca added in using data from
starwars-full-...contain the corresponding social networks for the whole set of 6 episodes.
Description of networks
The json files representing the networks contain the following information:
The nodes contain the following fields:
- name: Name of the character
- value: Number of scenes the character appeared in
- colour: Colour in the visualization
Links represent connections between characters. The link information corresponds to:
- source: zero-based index of the character that is one end of the link, the order of nodes is the order in which they are listed in the “nodes” element
- target: zero-based index of the character that is the the other end of the link.
- value: Number of scenes where the “source character” and “target character” of the link appeared together. Please not that the network is undirected. Which character represents the source and the target is arbitrary, they correspond only to two ends of the link.