Deploy and Manage Gauzy Platform on Clouds
Note: WIP, but already useful :)
- This projects uses Pulumi to easy and quickly deploy Gauzy Platform into Clouds with single command (
pulumi up --yes).
- It currently supports AWS Fargate Clusters (for web app and backend api), Application Load Balancers and Serverless PostgreSQL DB deployments.
- Read more About Gauzy and How to use it at your agency or studio.
- Setup Docker
- Setup eksctl (if production k8s deployment required)
- Setup Helm (if production k8s deployments required). Don't forget to run
- Setup Pulumi
- Setup AWS CLI
- Configure cloud credentials locally with
aws configureand create AWS profile:
ever(or replace AWS profile name in Pulumi.*.yaml files)
- Change (optionally) Pulumi Stack with
pulumi stack select dev, where
devis stack name.
- Deploy to Cloud:
pulumi up --yes
Note: different stacks may use different services, e.g. AWS EKS (k8s) for
prod (production) stack, AWS ECS Fargate for
demo stack or AWS ECS container instances (with EC2) for
- Read more about Pulumi at https://github.com/pulumi/pulumi
- For CircleCI configuration, see https://github.com/pulumi/circleci
Implementation currently based on Pulumi libraries specific to AWS Cloud. That's why no other Clouds currently supported, but it should be possible at some point to rewrite code using Pulumi Cloud-Agnostic Packages, see https://github.com/pulumi/pulumi-cloud, https://www.pulumi.com/docs/reference/pkg/nodejs/pulumi/cloud, https://www.pulumi.com/docs/tutorials/cloudfx, etc. (AWS and Azure clouds should be supported in such case)
Note: for some of AWS specific features (if Pulumi does not support them yet) we can use AWS CDK, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/en_pv/cdk/latest/guide/home.html
Branches, Pulumi Stacks and Environments
We have 3 branches for Gauzy Pulumi repo:
demobranch for demo (https://demo.gauzy.co or https://demo.gauzy.dev, login with
admin). Stack / Environment called
masterbranch for Production deployment (https://app.gauzy.co). Stack / Environment called
developbranch for Development deployment ("default" branch, https://app.gauzy.dev). Stack / Environment called
Before Gauzy SaaS Platform will be ready, we just deploy current Gauzy Platform to all environments.
Note: sub-domains are subject to change.
Each Github branch correspond to separate Pulumi Stacks. Mapping defined in the ./pulumi/ci.json file.
In addition, Gauzy Platform build with different settings for each environment (e.g NODE_ENV set to
production for production env)
Currently we need to manually manage DNS records in Cloudflare (for CNAMEs of api / app). We need to manage it all from this Pulumi project, there is Cloudflare Pulumi provider, already added
Setup Redash in the same cluster, see https://github.com/getredash/redash/blob/master/setup/docker-compose.yml (optionally, but it's great to have that for Gauzy)
Finish setup Github Actions, see https://github.com/ever-co/gauzy-pulumi/blob/master/.github/workflows/main.yml
Fix CircleCI build for this pulumi project: currently it does not have Docker in the build VM and so stage to build docker containers fails and also we should pull Gauzy repo into sub-folder for Docker builds or found another way. We also should fix PATH to docker files, which is hard-coded now like:
const context = 'C:/Coding/Gauzy/gauzy'; const dockerfile = 'C:/Coding/Gauzy/gauzy/.deploy/webapp/Dockerfile';
Security Group of Fargate Service should be added to RDS Cluster for full access to RDS DB. Note: it should be done this way: first we create such security group, next we use it when create RDS Cluster and next we use it when create Fargate Cluster
Must READ: https://www.pulumi.com/docs/guides/k8s-the-prod-way (how to setup k8s for production with Pulumi)
Pulumi related FAQ
- Removed resource manually in the Cloud? Run
Pulumi related Open-Source projects and Examples
- Github Pulumi Actions: see https://github.com/pulumi/actions and https://www.pulumi.com/docs/guides/continuous-delivery/github-actions
- https://github.com/pulumi/examples/tree/master/kubernetes-ts-jenkins - this seems to be very good solution to run Jenkins in k8s with Pulumi
- https://github.com/pulumi/examples/tree/master/kubernetes-ts-multicloud - multi-cloud deployment for k8s
- https://github.com/pulumi/examples/tree/master/kubernetes-ts-sock-shop - lots of micro-services and DBs (including Mongo / MySQL / RabbitMQ queue, etc)
- Run proxy:
- Get all running pods:
kubectl get pods -A
- Please give us
⭐️on Github, it helps!
- You are more than welcome to submit feature requests
- Pull requests are always welcome! Please base pull requests against the develop branch and follow the contributing guide.
Collaborators and Contributors
- Ruslan Konviser (Evereq)
- View all of our contributors
- Slack Community
- Spectrum Community
- Gitter Chat
- For business inquiries: mailto:email@example.com
- Please report security vulnerabilities to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gauzy Platform @ Twitter
- Gauzy Platform @ Facebook
Gauzy™ follows good security practices, but 100% security cannot be guaranteed in any software!
Gauzy™ is provided AS IS without any warranty. Use at your own risk!
See more details in the LICENSE.
In a production setup, all client-side to server-side (backend, APIs) communications should be encrypted using HTTPS/WSS/SSL (REST APIs, GraphQL endpoint, Socket.io WebSockets, etc.).
This software is available under GNU General Public License v3.0
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the corresponding licenses described in the LICENSE files located in software sub-folders and under the terms of licenses described in individual files.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You should have received a copy of the relevant GNU Licenses along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Gauzy™ is a trademark of Ever Co. LTD.
All other brand and product names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective holders.
Copyright © 2019, Ever Co. LTD. All rights reserved.