Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
EggBot Extensions for Inkscape, v2.4.0
This software is provided to control the Original Egg-Bot, by Evil Mad Scientist.
More information at http://egg-bot.com
Also available -- included with installers or as a separate download -- over 100 example files in our sample set. :D
All users: You must have Inkscape installed on your computer, prior to installing the software. Download Inkscape from http://inkscape.org/ .
Mac users: Download and open EggBot v2.4.0.dmg. Run the EggBot Installer, and (optionally) copy the EggBot Example set onto your drive.
Yosemite (MacOS X 10.10) users will need to begin with a fresh copy of Inkscape 0.48.5.
Windows users: Download EggBot_240A.exe. Run the installer. This new version installs the (UBW) USB driver, and gives you the option to install the EggBot Example set as well.
Linux users: Download and extract EggBot_extensions_v2.4.0.zip. Copy the contents of the "extensions" directory to: .config/inkscape/extensions/ Optionally, download the example files set as well.
This is our first release in more than a year, and incorporates a number of bug fixes, enhancements, and fixes for changes in Inkscape and MacOS X. This version is designed for compatibility with Inkscape 0.48.5
Changes of note:
- #6 Remove "empty" XML parameters in contributed extensions
- #9 Allow manual moves with greater than 3200 steps (egg axis) -- now allows 32000, for 10 revolutions
- #10 Manual moves above 1000 steps/s fail
- #11 String/number comparison
- #13 Error with Spiral Text and Name Poem extensions
- #5, StippleGen code is now in the repository and updated for Processing 2. (May not be up to date with latest Processing release, still)
- Reorder paths for speed extension: Nonworking options hidden (see also #1)