This software is provided to control the Original Egg-Bot, by Evil Mad Scientist.
More information at http://egg-bot.com
The software is designed as a set of extensions to Inkscape, and includes the software that actually drives the robot, as well as a number of vector art utilities, such as Hershey Text.
Also available -- included with installers or as a separate download -- over 100 example files in our sample set. :D
Changes in this version:
- Close issue #19, by updating installers for Inkscape 0.91 (released 2015-01-28).
- EggBot template: Updated name of default layer.
- Added new example file (kistka-loops.svg).
- Bug fix: #22; subtle issue with pause and resume.
- Hershey Text extension removed. Hershey Text is built into Inkscape as of version 0.91.0.
All users: You must have Inkscape installed on your computer, prior to installing the software. Download Inkscape from inkscape.org.
Important note: Inkscape version 0.91.0 or newer is required.
(If you must use an older version of Inkscape, such as 0.48.5, please instead install EggBot software version v2.4.0.)
Mac users: Download and open EggBot_v2.5.0_Mac.dmg. Run the EggBot Installer, and (optionally) copy the EggBot Example set onto your drive.
Windows users: Download EggBot_250A.exe. Run this installer, which:
- Installs the EggBot software within Inkscape
- Installs the USB driver (the "UBW" driver), and
- Gives you the option to install the EggBot Example set as well.
Linux users: Download and extract EggBot_extensions_v2.5.zip. Copy the contents of the "extensions" directory to: .config/inkscape/extensions/ Optionally, download the example files set as well.