Clone this wiki locally
weird, this first h1 won't even appear!
Proposal for a Django/django CMS/Arkestra symposium
Feel free to add names, suggestions, comments
Cardiff, Wales. At least part could be held at Cardiff University
Around the 13th, perhaps 20th, July
A possible schedule:
- Friday: sessions for users and potential users, and newcomers to Django
- Saturday: sessions for developers (of Django CMS/Arkestra) and potential developers (of Django)
- Sunday: sprints
Is this too long? Maybe two days would be better.
Is it too soon? Too ambitious?
JONAS: I think two days would be better. Especially if it's Sat/Sun. Like this a lot more people could come from the UK (and elsewhere) since it's just a weekend trip. This format works nicely for other small conferences like DjangoConG in France. Friday night could be casual get-together (food/drinks/maybe lightning talks?)
- key developers of django CMS & Arkestra and perhaps a Django core developer
- django CMS: Jonas (I will try my best to attend, mostly a time issue, might not make Friday regardless of schedule, we'll see...)
- Arkestra: Daniele
- Django: Luke Plant?
- existing django CMS/Arkestra users from the Cardiff University School of Medicine
- potential Django users/developers from the University
- members of the UK Django community
- local web developers who are interested in learning more about Django
- to showcase open source software, Django, django CMS and Arkestra
- to raise the profile of Django locally
- to raise the profile of django CMS & Arkestra in the University, Cardiff, and the UK
- to raise the profile of and explain open source software to users in the University
- to introduce django CMS developers to its users
- to help start a local Django community
- hold a code sprint (on what, exactly?)
- to meet people we usually only see on Twitter/Github/IRC in real life and have a good time
- http://www.doctorwhoexperience.com/ ?
- have a meal out with old & new Django friends